Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Inspiring Message of Hide and Seek

The following was delivered to my bulletins box on MySpace today. It's a little blog/devotional type thing from Rebecca St. James. I just found this really inspiring and thought I'd share it with the rest of you.........

REBECCA’S MESSAGE: “HIDE & SEEK!”

I was reading a book this morning by one of my fave authors, Henri Nouwen, and I came across a quote that really resonated with me. I hope it touches a chord with you as well and encourages your heart today..

"I am beginning now to see how radically the character of my spiritual journey will change when I no longer think of God as hiding out and making it as difficult as possible for me to find him, but, instead, as the one who is looking for me while I am doing the hiding...Wouldn't it be wonderful to make God smile by giving God the chance to find me and love me lavishly?"

After reading this I had a picture of God playfully standing at every corner of my life calling out 'Rebecca, Rebecca..' leading me out of my hiding places. It was a picture of how much he loves me and how through nature and people and experiences and worship and service He is calling me into a deeper love relationship with Him.

Look for him calling your name today, my friends! He wants to find you and love you lavishly..
Rebecca

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site