Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Monday, August 11, 2008

Transitions in Ministry

RL and I have had yet another transition in ministry. I'm pleased to announce that we are now the college ministry leaders. We met with the pastor today and discussed ideas and some expectations. Basically I'll be using my dear computer here to keep in touch with all our college students while they are away through Facebook, MySpace and blogging. We'll also be doing some campus visits and a few get togethers for them when they return home. I'll be writing some devotionals periodically and keeping them connected with our services possibly through audio podcasts. In the future we'll be offering a class for this age group as well.

I'm excited to get plugged into an actual area of ministry. I've been teaching for some time now, but the ability to really make a difference makes me feel so much better about myself. I feel like God is going to challenge me to use my talents and abilities in a greater way than I ever imagined.

The college ministry is grouped under the youth ministry and we'll still be working closely with youth of all ages. This is a new age group for us, but I'm glad we'll still be in youth ministry. Youth ministry is my first love and I'm not ready to transition away from it yet.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement over the past months. God has definately blessed my husband and I. His guiding hand and provision over us never ceases to amaze me. I am in awe and very grateful.

~*Melody*~

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Yay! That's amazing! :) I'm so excited for you. From the little I know of college ministry, you'll be immensely blessed, as well as being a blessing yourself. :)

I'm so happy and excited for you! Love you!

Adrian said...

That sounds wonderful!! I'm so happy for you both!!

For His Glory said...

so happy to hear about the new opportunities God is calling you and your husband to. You are an exceptional woman and you're right that God has plans for you (Jer.). collegiate/young adult ministry is so needed - and there seems to have been such a deficit in it during my adult children's lives. "Run with God".

Blessed Among Women said...

This is wonderful Melody! I know ya'll are very excited and I know ya'll will be a blessing to the college ministry! I'm looking foward to hearing what God is doing in that area. :)

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site