Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

110 About Me

Found this from Lauren. Put an asterisk by what you’ve done! My comments in parenthesis.

*1. Started your own blog
*2. Slept under the stars
*3. Played in a band (marching/concert/jazz)
4. Visited Hawaii
*5. Watched a meteor shower
*6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld
*8. Climbed a mountain
*9. Held a praying mantis
*10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
*13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
*14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (several)
15. Adopted a child
*16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
*18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
*21. Had a pillow fight
*22. Hitch hiked
*23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
*24. Built a snow fort
*25. Held a lamb
*26. Gone skinny dipping (well sorta....)
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
*29. Seen a total eclipse
*30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
*31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
*34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Yes my native American ones)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
*37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (For a few months, it didn't last long though.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
*39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
*41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
*45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (One of my all time favorite things to do.)
*46. Been transported in an ambulance
*47. Had your portrait painted (Caricature, does that count?)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
*52. Kissed in the rain
*53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
*57. Started a business (Doing that one now.)
*58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
*60. Served at a soup kitchen
*61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (Would love to!)
*63. Got flowers for no reason
*64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving ( I want to do this one too.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
*67. Bounced a check (Unfortunately, but not on purpose.)
68. Flown in a helicopter
*69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (um, all of them.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
*71. Eaten Caviar
*72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired/laid off from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
*77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
*80. Published a book (A few poems and creative writing short stories in a book, not MY actual book.)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
*84. Had your picture in the newspaper (More times than I could count...I live in a small area.)
*85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
*87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (Gross I know.)
*88. Had chicken pox
*89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury (Does getting called for jury duty count? I got called last year, but not picked.)

*91. Met someone famous
*92. Joined a book club
*93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby (I'm not sure how to answer this one.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
*97. Been involved in a law suit (When I was a child, I was in a car accident. My parents settled it though.)
*98. Owned a cell phone
*99. Been stung by a bee
100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person
*101. Learned to play an instrument
102. Kissed the Blarney Stone (LOL, should I be embarrassed that I don't know what this is?)
103. Ridden a camel
104. Been arrested
*105. Visited someone in jail.
*106. Flown a Kite
107. Been surfing (Oh I'd love to.)
*108. Had a broken heart
*109. Wished on a star
110. Fell off a horse (Almost but not quite.)

If you are interested, fill it out too and let me know.

~*Melody*~

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey- I'm definitely praying for you and wishing you the best this month. Keep us updated on your cycles. I don't think I've heard anything from you in awhile about where you're at. By the way, I'm super excited about how crafty you are! I love to do all things scrapbooking, crocheting, painting, picture frames, etc. I've slowly but surely been keeping a record of everything I make to keep in a portfolio. I've considered selling on etsy, but want to have more of a selection first, and then open it up for custom-made projects because I like my gifts to be personal. Meanwhile, I'm working on making baby blankets for couples who experience infertility and then get pregnant. I want to use my arts and crafts to glorify God and bless other people. I wish we lived closer together and we could do crafty stuff together! Anyways, blessings on everything.

Kay said...

Hey Mel,
this is interesting. I was just gonna say that the Blarney Stone is in Ireland on a castle. If I remember correctly kissing it bestows a gift (maybe of speech) to the person. It's been awhile. But I know it bestows you with something ;)

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site