Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Thursday, January 14, 2010

This Is My Year !

I believe this is going to be my year.  I'm bound and determined like I haven't been in a long time.  This belly will be leaving me in the near future.  I have decided that I'll no longer be attached or defined by it.  It's going to take this determination to make it.  I will need help along the way so please do send those encouraging words.  I need every single one of them. 

Tonight I did a 20 minute ab workout on my exercise ball with a DVD.  It's a 45 minute routine, but I thought I'd start slow and try my best to keep up with the pro.  I did well keeping up, which I'm very happy about.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to get all the way through the video.  I did get to the harder part of the workout; ball pushups with pelvic tucks.  So at least I got past the basic crunches.  BTW, if you've never worked out on an exercise ball, I highly encourage you to get one or at least try it out at the gym.  They really help a lot in supporting your back and allow a broader range of motion.  I've gotten more success in the past through occasional ball workouts than I ever did with crunches. 

So here's my planned routine for the next few weeks:
  • Ab Workouts at least 3 days a week
  • Cardio and Weights at least 3 days a week
  • Running on the treadmill each weekday  (attempting this will depend on timing)
I have access to a small gym at my leisure.  It's very small and I'd have to bring my own entertainment, but at least its something.  I'd have to wait for my hubby to go with me because he's the one with the key, but I'm sure he'll help to encourage me.  There's WiFi so I'll probably take my laptop and pull up something on Netflix or Hulu to watch while on the equipment.  It'd be a great time for a good old podcast or two as well.  I'm not agile enough to knit while on the treadmill yet...boo. 

Maybe soon I'll get to buy some cute new workout clothes.  :-)  'Cause you know a girl always look for a good excuse to shop.  Plus I've got a Broadway-inspired Sweet Sixteen party to attend this coming summer.

~*Melody*~

4 comments:

Linda said...

You can do it Melody!!! We can do all things thru Christ who strenghens
us!!! Praise The Lord!!! Love Ya, Melody!

Love,
Mom

Kay said...

You can do it Mel! I am in the same boat with you. I found that LiveStrong.com is a great resource, especially their daily plate :) I think I might get one of those balls, I use to have one but I'm not sure what exactly happened to it :P They work like awesome though :)

Adrian said...

Your workout sounds great! I really need to buy one of those balls. I think I may invest in one real soon. Yes cute new work out clothes are a must. ;)

R said...

I have a half ball that I love! I haven't used it in a while but it's flat on one side which makes it easy to balance on while doing crunches and such.

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site