Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Walking Down Memory Lane

Tonight I've been studying some for the middle school girls class I teach on Wednesday nights.  I was surfing the web for some resources to help me with the next series of lessons I'm teaching.  Such strange feelings go through me sometimes.  I pulled up my old Crossed Out Youth Ministries email account.  Crossed Out was the youth ministry that my husband and I pastored for 5 years.  I deleted its website several years ago, but I never could bring myself to delete the email account.  All youth related things are still directed there and there are so many memorable emails stored there; emails from students, parents, and fellow peers in youth ministry.

Anyway so I'm sitting here tonight and this feeling comes over me.  The only way I know how to describe it is an intense sudden sense of purpose.  The passion bubbles up so quickly within me and its so easy to go back into youth pastor mode.  Recently our youth pastor empowered all the youth leaders to act as youth pastors over their particular small group.  I'm not exactly sure I understand the logic behind that, but on one hand it does feel nice to have that kind of confidence behind us.

I know that God took RL and I out of youth pastorship for a reason.  I have yet to discover that reason and sometimes I greatly struggle with that.  But it's nights like tonight that reassure me that God has not taken my passion and zeal for youth away.  Albeit strange, I am thankful that God allows such feelings to flood my heart and mind.

ETA:  After I posted this the first time, I glanced up at today's scripture of the day...
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” (James 1:2-3) ...... Thanks for that reminder Lord. I love you too.

~*Melody*~

BTW:  I'll be catching up with posting my Photo 365's in the next couple days.  I have taken them, but just haven't taken the time to blog them.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

That's neat that you are considered the Youth Pastor of your small group. You've always been so great with the youth. :)

I really like that verse.

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site