Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Monday, March 2, 2009

My Life Suddenly Got Very Busy

Just days after writing my last entry, my life seemed to burst with activity. A good portion of that activity revolves around church. My calendar is almost completely booked between now and June. Whew, it's quite exhausting I won't lie. Honestly, at times I've felt very overwhelmed and questioned why I let myself get involved. Right now I don't feel like there's a lot of real ministry involved in the activities and things we have planned. I desire so much to seek out spiritual goals and not social goals. Yes there needs to be a certain level of social activities, but I believe that needs to be balanced by opportunities for spiritual growth.

Lord, only You know why I am here at this time in my life. I trust that You know completely what's in store for my particular "place" here. Right now I'm stressing some. I know that stress isn't good for me. I know You delivered me from an overstressed situation before and I'm trying hard not to allow myself to fall back into that. Please help me find the balances. Help me see Your will in this and let me not loose sight of that.

On another topic, I've been a terrible blogger. I seem to do this often. I get a nice following of people by writing on a regular basis. Then suddenly I stop posting entries on a regular basis and I loose all my web traffic. I've also gotten lazy when leaving comments to my friends, family, and fellow bloggers. Please accept my sincere appologies. I promise to be better....soon.

In addition to all the new responsibilities I spoke of above, I've been on a cleaning and organizing rampage around my home. I am so happy and pleased to report that minus a few odds and ends here and there, I HAVE ALL THE ROOMS THE WAY I WANT THEM! LOL, I have lived here almost 8 years and am finally content with the placement of things. Oi....I have waited so long for this. Now the hard work comes...keeping it this way. Right now I'm just living in the joy of being proud of myself.

~*Melody*~

March 1 Memory Verse Beth Moore's Scripture Memorization Challenge
Job 23:10-11 (NIV)
10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Keep your focus on God and everything will be alright.
I pray that God will use you for His Glory! Praise The Lord!

Love Ya!
Mom

Kay said...

I wish I could be involved like that at church. I am hoping this summer, although I don't want to be booked up SO much ;) I hope it's a God centered time, and that it doesn't fret your heart.

God Bless,
Korey

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site