Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Walking Teams

I thought it was time I did a post about the women's walking teams that we've recently started at church. I guess I'm the one kinda 'over' said project. I'm really excited about finally having someone to walk with. The downside is that I have to travel a bit to get to the walking track. It should be good for all of us though. There's a certain young lady in our church that I hope has a chance to walk with us. I'd like to get to know her better. She and I don't seem to have a lot in common, but for some reason I feel like I'm supposed to get to know her.

Anyway back to the walking teams. I'll be the lead person for the Tuesday morning team and our women's director will be the lead person for the Thursday evening team. I hope to get to participate with both actually. If these teams are successful, we'll be offering some actual exercise classes at our church in the future.

For my team, I'll be starting off with scripture and prayer. I want our scriptures to focus on walking with God. These scriptures have nothing to do with walking for exercise, but I think it's important to focus on our walks with God. I'll be doing a bit of a devotional from me following the scripture. I'd like to share this with you all as well. So be on the lookout for a Tuesday's walking post. I'll be sharing a more expanded version of my devotional and may even give some more scriptures to go along with it. I'll also be briefly sharing about the walk, friendships forming, distance walked and experiences.

But today I'm going to sit back and listen to a podcast while I knit. I'm still pondering that nap I posted about on my Twitter. We'll see....

~*Melody*~

3 comments:

Adrian said...

I hope you get a chance to get to know that lady. The walking teams sound great. :)

For His Glory said...

i just want you to know that your posts are an inspiration to me. i think your walking thing is great and tying in "walking with God" is a great idea. i'd like to be able to be in a group like you're starting...maybe one day i'll be able to. for now, i'm very thankful for the Esther bible study i'm in. it's gotten me back into a group with other women and we definitely need that! God's best always and keep up the posts

Kay said...

This sounds like a lot of fun!

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site