Please excuse the mess....blog under renovations !

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So Hard to Explain....

Suicide is such a hard thing to explain. Tonight we learned of someone directly linked to our church family who committed suicide. Amongst all the tears you could see real fear and questions written all over people's faces. What can you really tell a teenager about suicide...other than the fact that it happened. There's no answers and no reasoning that bring any comfort to the hurting.

Suicide is such a selfish act. It's wounds go far deeper than the physical act. People's lives are forever changed by suicide. I know my life has been changed by several suicides. There's a certain kind of anger that rises up in me when I think about those in my own life who've committed such an act.

I desire your prayers for our church family during this trying time. Pray that God will send comfort and guidance over our teens specifically.

Thanks....
~*Melody*~

3 comments:

Kay said...

That's awful. Your church is in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather said...

Oh Melody. I don't understand suicide either. It's impacts last for so long and I just don't know what could lead a person to want to kill themselves. I will definitely be praying.

Anonymous said...

As someone who's stood on the brink, I'll let you in on what could take someone that far.

I'm a Christian woman, with steady faith, but a prescription mix up put me in a downward spiral. I literally could not think, it was not possible for me to thnk positive. Life was, literally, so awful that every moment of my day and night were torment as if I were already in the depths of Hell. All that held me away from the flame was my testimony of God.
There were entire days when all I could do was cry to him in the words of a hymn - "Save me, Master, I perish!"

And He did, but it took every ounce of strength that I had to hang on until He led me to my answer.

No one ever knew. No one from church ever saw that part of my life, for the most part even the people I lived with were unaware because it was all internal.

Don't feel anger for those who can't hold on any longer, feel pity and pray for them. Be glad they are in the arms of their God, and beyond pain, at last. No one who hasn't been there can ever imagine what that Hell is, and anger for their weakness is more selfish than their crime against you.

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
The Breast Cancer Site